Wednesday, November 16, 2011

It's The Wrong George Taylor!

Well, I did send for the pension file for this George Taylor who served in the 120th NY Infantry, Co. K. I really wanted this George as he was born in Ireland and would have been the Irish connection I had wanted to find This George had a wife, Ann Maria. They married in 1854 and lived in New York City. This George had enlisted in Roundout in Ulster Co., a village next to Kingston and Saugerties where my family lived. It was a long shot, but sometimes you have to kill off a lot of possibles to end up with the one that fits the bill.

It's back to the drawing board and another investment of funds to order just one more file. If George had deserted, he would not have qualified for a pension nor would have his wife and child qualified. If he was missing in action, I don't know how a wife's application would have been treated. I need to find the book in our Sahyun Library that lists denied pension applications. That's the next step I will take.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

 O tillie Audrey Lieberknecht. What a mouthful. Her New Jersey birth certificate said "Otille Lieb," born on September 20, 1908, i...